Do You Need Dental Veneers in Costa Rica?
Dental veneers in Costa Rica can restore your smile to its brilliant glory but are you the right candidate to get them? Find out now!
Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain used to recreate the natural look of teeth, while also providing strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel. It is often the material of choice for those looking to make slight position alterations, or to change tooth shape, size, and/or color.
Porcelain veneers are a very successful option in many situations where the original tooth has developed poor color, shape, and contours. It is also a good choice for fractured teeth, gaps between teeth, and in some situations where the tooth position is compromised and there are minor bite-related problems. For some people, superficial stains do not respond well to tooth whitening or bleaching. In these situations, a porcelain veneer may be the best option.
Considering Dental Veneers in Costa Rica.
Patients who are considering porcelain veneers are typically looking to address multiple structural or cosmetic issues with their teeth, such as:
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor misalignment
In order to have porcelain veneers placed, patients should:
- Have good periodontal and overall oral health
- Be committed to proper oral care and hygiene
- Have specific cosmetic goals, which they can articulate to their dentists at their initial consultations, as well as realistic expectations
- Have a sufficient amount of healthy enamel, as dentists usually remove a thin layer of enamel before placing veneers.
Contact us today to Receive a FREE Estimate.
Although veneers fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry because they create bright, white smiles with beautifully aligned, shapely teeth, they also protect the surface of damaged teeth and may eliminate the need for more extensive treatments. Other benefits include durability, an improved smile appearance, and the need for little-to-no removal of tooth structure compared to crowns.
There are several steps in the procedure. First, your dentist will likely administer a local anesthetic so you will be comfortable during tooth preparation and placement of the veneer. Your natural tooth is then prepared by minimally reshaping it with a small handheld rotational cutting device called a bur to provide the best fit. Burs come in various shapes and sizes and allow precise and minimal shaping of a tooth prior to placement.
If your treatment involves direct composite resin veneers, your dentist then will apply the appropriately shaded composite to your teeth, shape the material and harden it using a high intensity light. Additional layers of composite may be applied to build the veneer to the correct shape, length and form for your smile. When all composite is placed, the veneers will be finished and polished using burs and polishers to create a vital and lifelike smile.
If your treatment requires porcelain veneers, your Costa Rica dentist will make an impression of your teeth from which a mold of your mouth will be made. This impression may be sent to an outside dental laboratory where the veneers will be professionally fabricated. Some dentists have an in-house dental laboratory and technicians to provide restorative and esthetic treatments in less time.
Am I A Candidate For Dental Veneers in Costa Rica?
More and more people are choosing to receive cosmetic dentistry since it can enhance the overall look of their smile. Dental veneers in Costa Rica are also designed to protect the teeth from enamel decay and further damage. The Costa Rica Dental Tourism Guide recommends veneers to patients if they have any of the following signs.
8 Signs You Need Dental Veneers in Costa Rica
There are a few signs that dentists will look at to see if you are the right candidate for dental veneers in Costa Rica.
- Stain Teeth: Your teeth can develop stains from soda, wine, smoking, and a few other things. While there are many home tooth whitening treatments available for use, they are only suitable for mild to moderate discoloration. For darker stains, it is important to get dental veneers in Costa Rica so that you don’t end up with faded, yellow, stained teeth.
- Minor Cosmetic Imperfections: The structure of the teeth can develop minor cosmetic imperfections sometimes. Dental veneers are the best solution for cracked, chipped or misshapen teeth. Veneers result in the most lifelike and natural looking teeth, which is why patients prefer them over dental bonding.
- Cosmetic Issues: Dental veneers are a versatile treatment for different cosmetic issues like a chipped tooth, crooked teeth, and different stained teeth. With only one treatment, you can address all of these issues in one go and won’t need three different procedures to treat them.
- Good Dental Health: You will need a set of healthy teeth and gums to get dental veneers in Costa Rica installed. You can receive them if you have good dental health or get the necessary restorative treatment to improve dental health.
- Presence of Tooth Enamel: Dental veneers need to adhere to the natural enamel of your teeth. The dentist will probably remove some layers of enamel so that the veneers can be installed but the foundation layer will remain. The veneer will not have sufficient bonding structure if you don’t have the right amount of enamel.
- Moderately Straight Teeth: Dental veneers in Costa Rica can correct mildly crooked teeth but will not cure malocclusion or misaligned teeth. This is because the porcelain crack can crack from the pressure.
- Good Dental Hygiene: Dental veneers in Costa Rica will have a reduced lifespan if you don’t practice regular dental cleaning like brushing, flossing, and checkups from the dentist.
- Don’t Grind Teeth: If you have a habit of chewing nails or grinding your teeth, you could chip or fracture the veneer.
Where can I get Cosmetic Dentistry Professionals in Costa Rica?
A Costa Rica Dental Tourism Specialist will help you find a the right dentist in Costa Rica who offers Dental Veneers treatment privately. Our Costa Rica Dental Tourism Guide includes dentists that are specialized in the Dental Veneers procedures.
Dental veneers in Costa Rica are a great solution for a discolored smile. For patients, affordable veneers through the Costa Rica Dental Tourism Guide are the best way to restore your smile.
The best part of it is that we will match the best dentist with the best Costa Rica dental price for you. Contact us today!