A Guide to Cosmetic Dentistry in Costa Rica
Interested in getting a cosmetic dental procedure done abroad but not sure what services you will be offered? Fortunately for you, there is an entire spectrum of services that you could avail in dental clinics abroad! This guide will help you get a better understanding of all the different facilities offered by dental clinics in Costa Rica for dental tourism, as well as explain what cosmetic dentistry really is.
Here’s a guide that will help you better understand the different services included in cosmetic dentistry.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Costa Rica includes:
- Teeth Whitening
- Composite Bonding
- Porcelain & Composite Veneers
- Porcelain Crowns
- Porcelain Bridgework
- Dental Implants
- Inlays & Onlays
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Orthodontic Aligners
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping
Fill out the form to Receive a FREE Estimate.
All you need to know about Cosmetic Dentistry in Costa Rica
Cosmetic dentistry is essentially a term used to refer to any dental treatment or procedure which can improve and enhance the appearance—and at times the functionality— of the teeth, gums, or the bone structure of the mouth. This category of dentistry chiefly focuses on the overall dental enhancements, which can include anything from in-dental aesthetics to the color, positioning, alignment, shape, and size of the teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry is dentistry aimed at creating a positive change to your teeth and to your smile.
A skilled, experienced cosmetic dentist from Costa Rica can help to improve your appearance, your smile, even your self-esteem, and confidence. Today, cosmetic dentistry has continued to evolve to where cosmetic dentists can address functional and esthetic patient concerns.
Since you have a choice on whether or not to get a smile makeover, we believe you deserve to know what’s worth it and how best to achieve confidence in your smile. Cosmetic Dentistry includes dental procedures like orthodontics, dental implants, crowns, teeth whitening and more.
Cosmetic dentistry is concerned with the appearance of teeth and the enhancement of a person’s smile. In this field, the emphasis is on the art of dentistry, not just the science. On the surface, creating white teeth, or even whole new teeth in general, may not appear to be that complicated. Yet cosmetic dentistry requires a good eye, a thorough understanding of dental anatomy, and a mastery of dental materials. Beyond that, the dentist must be able to communicate his or her vision to a laboratory technician — a key player in the realization of any smile makeover. Costa Rica Dentists are trained with years of extensive study to be able to perform the many cosmetic dental procedures now available to the highest standards.
Some of the most common cosmetic dental procedure offered abroad are as follows.
Dental implants are a cosmetic dental treatment involving teeth that look, feel, and function just like natural teeth. These implants are used to replace decayed, damaged, chipped, and missing teeth. The process involves the insertion of a small titanium screw into a false tooth, this screw is then anchored into the jaw, just how natural teeth are. This screw provides the required support for the crown of the false tooth that is being implanted. Dental implants eventually fuse with the bone and tissues and are then permanently anchored in their positions. These implants are very long lasting and reliable, and if taken care of and maintained well, they can even last a lifetime. Dental implants are one of the most sought after and popular aesthetic dental procedures in the dental industry.
Dental veneers are another very popular cosmetic dentistry treatment. Veneers are actually thin and strong porcelain pieces that are fixed onto the teeth. These veneers are used as a repairing alternative for chipped, damaged, decayed and/or stained teeth. For many patients, veneers are a means of enhancing the appearance of their teeth and not really a dental procedure for improving functionality. This is why these are considered to be a trending cosmetic procedure.
Veneers are also helpful for patients who want to reduce or completely fill in the gaps between their teeth for making their smiles look better. With the help of slight contouring, veneers are also, at times, able to correct crowded and overlapping teeth. Many clients opt for veneers so that they can boost their self confidence and have more attractive smiles.
Fillings and Repairs
Dental fillings are no longer just methods of repairing decayed and cavity induced teeth holes. In fact, fillings are now treated as a cosmetic procedure as well. A lot of patients turn towards getting tooth fillings to fill unpleasant gaps in their teeth and to make their smiles more appealing.
Teeth whitening is another highly sought after cosmetic dental procedure that dental tourism focused countries are famous for. When teeth eventually become dark and dull from ageing and wear and tear, they tend to stain easily too due to the lack or weakening of the enamel. In such cases, teeth whitening is the best procedure to opt for. This cosmetic procedure involves bleaching of the teeth to regain their shine and whiteness and enhances the overall appearance of the teeth.
Now that you know about the different cosmetic and aesthetic dental procedures, check out the Costa Rica Dental Tourism Guide for more information on how and where to get these services from.
What Dental Treatments Are Considered Cosmetic?
All cosmetic dentistry treatments improve the appearance of an individual’s teeth. Some can also restore function and/or improve oral health as well.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments include:
- Teeth Whitening — A relatively inexpensive way to brighten your smile, whitening teeth can be accomplished at home or in the dentist’s chair. There are many products and methods from which to choose.
- Composite Bonding — A tooth-colored composite resin attached to the teeth can improve the appearance and strength of chipped teeth. These procedures require very little preparation (drilling) of the tooth.
- Porcelain & Composite Veneers — Designed to substitute for tooth enamel, veneers are hard, thin shells of tooth-colored material that can mask a variety of dental imperfections.
- Porcelain Crowns — Heavily damaged teeth can be covered with natural-looking porcelain crowns, which replace more natural tooth structure than veneers.
- Porcelain Bridgework — A missing tooth can be replaced with porcelain bridgework that is attached to the natural teeth on either side of the space.
- Dental Implants — Usually made of titanium, an implant is used to replace the root portion of a missing tooth. The implant is fitted with a crown to create a natural-looking replacement for the entire tooth.
- Inlays & Onlays — In certain cases, fillings can be fabricated from porcelain or composite materials in a dental laboratory to more closely match the color of a tooth. When applied to the inside of the tooth, they are referred to as “inlays.” Attached to the biting surface, they are known as “inlays.”
- Tooth-Colored Fillings — Gone are the days when a filling has to be obvious and unsightly. Tooth-colored fillings are barely noticeable.
- Clear Orthodontic Aligners — Many adults, as well as some teenagers, are opting for clear orthodontic aligners, instead of metal braces, to straighten their teeth.
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery — Minor surgery can reshape gum tissue to give it a more leveled appearance.
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping — Cosmetic dentists can use a drill or laser to smooth out or reshape teeth.
Where can I get Cosmetic Dentistry Professionals in Costa Rica?
A Costa Rica Dental Tourism Representative will help you find a the right dentist in Costa Rica who offers Cosmetic Dentistry treatment privately. Our Costa Rica Dental Tourism Guide includes dentists that are specialized in the Cosmetic Dentistry procedures.
The best part of it is that we will match the best dentist with the best Costa Rica dental price for you. Contact us today!