FAQ for Full Mouth Reconstruction in Costa Rica
Full mouth restoration in Costa Rica is an advanced and popular treatment for missing teeth. People can often lose their teeth due to old age, decay, and accidents. This doesn’t mean that they have to continue to suffer the consequences of missing teeth. You can restore your smile through full mouth reconstruction in Costa Rica.
Full mouth reconstruction, rehabilitation and restoration are terms often used interchangeably to describe the process of rebuilding or simultaneously restoring all of the teeth in both the upper and lower jaws.
A reconstruction of the mouth strives to remove all of your tooth decay, old fillings and old dental crowns while improving your bite position. Everyone’s anatomy and jaw movements are different so everyone needs a different bite position to idealize their health and comfort.
Full mouth reconstruction refers to rebuilding and/or replacing all of the teeth in a patient’s mouth. Full mouth reconstructions combine esthetics with the science of restorative dentistry to improve the health, function, and beauty of the mouth.
In general, any dental treatment that affects all teeth in the mouth is called full mouth reconstruction or full mouth rehabilitation. Some treatment options for oral cancer may require the patient to undergo a unique type of full mouth reconstruction that not only involves the replacement of missing teeth, but potentially restoration of missing structures of the oral cavity. The treatments can include onlays, crowns, bridges, veneers, dental implants, and/or dentures that will essentially provide not only a “smile makeover“, but improved chewing efficiency for the patient. In some patients, other specialties will orthodontics may also be employed to facilitate the best possible outcome.
The need for full mouth reconstruction may result from:
- Teeth that have been lost due to decay or trauma.
- Teeth that have been injured or fractured.
- Teeth that have become severely worn as a result of long-term acid erosion (foods, beverages, acid reflux) or tooth grinding.
- Ongoing complaints of jaw, muscle and headache pain requiring adjustments to the bite (occlusion).
What Procedures Are Needed?
Only your dentist and the team of specialists working on your full mouth reconstruction can determine what procedures are needed for your specific case. Other treatments may also be available, so ask your Costa Rica dentist about all possible procedures that might be required for your case and under what circumstances.
Most reconstructions involve multiple phases and office visits. It is not unreasonable to expect treatment to take 12 months or more, depending on your situation. The following procedures may be involved, depending on your needs:
- Prophylactic teeth cleaning and periodontal care.
- Crown lengthening to expose healthy, sound tooth structure for possible crowns or bridges.
- Orthognathic surgery to reposition the jaw.
- Contouring of the gum tissue to create balance and harmony in your smile.
- Preparation (reduction) of your natural tooth structure so crowns, bridges or veneers can be placed.
- Placement of temporary restorations so you can become accustomed to your new teeth and the feel of your new mouth or bite alignment.
- Placement of permanent restorations, such as crowns, veneers, inlays/onlays or bridges, made from ceramic, ceramic supported by metal or a combination of both.
- Orthodontics (braces) in order to move your teeth into the optimal position for reconstruction.
- Implant placement and restoration to replace missing teeth and/or anchor bridge restorations.
- Bone or soft tissue grafting to enhance the stability of your teeth, proposed dental implants and/or other restorations.
Where can I get FULL MOUTH RESTORATION in Costa Rica?
A Costa Rica Dental Tourism Representative will help you find a the right dentist in Costa Rica who offers Full Mouth Restoration treatment privately. Our Dental Guide includes dentists that are trained to fit implants and are specialized in the Full Mouth Restoration procedures.
The best part of it is that we will match the best dentist with the best Costa Rica dental price for you. Contact us today!
Here are some FAQs answered that will clear any confusion for you.
Who Can Get Full Mouth Reconstruction in Costa Rica?
You can get a full mouth reconstruction in Costa Rica if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Four or more teeth are compromised or missing
- Eroded enamel
- Tooth decay in multiple teeth
- Difficulty with biting and chewing
- Extreme jawbone loss
- Speaking is a challenge
- Dentures are irritating the bone and gums
- Teeth have worn down due to grinding
What Procedures Are Included in Full Mouth Reconstruction in Costa Rica?
There are a number of procedures that you can get. You may not need all of the following but all possible procedures have been included:
- Periodontal care
- Prophylactic teeth cleaning
- Crown lengthening
- Orthognathic surgery
- Contorting gum tissue
- Reduction of natural tooth structure
- Installation of temporary restorations
- Installation of orthodontics (braces)
- Removal of temporary restorations
- Soft tissue or bone grafting
- Implant installation
- Veneer installation
- Crowns, bridges or denture installation
What Is The Price for Full Mouth Reconstruction in Costa Rica?
Full mouth restoration in Costa Rica is popular because of the affordable prices and specialist care. In the US, the cost of the procedure can range around $45,000-$60,000. However, full mouth restoration in Costa Rica will only cost you $15,000-$24,000. This will save you 60% of your hard earned money.
Is Full Mouth Reconstruction in Costa Rica Safe?
The local codes of the country are really strict and the government has developed a good regulation system to ensure that the quality of dental care doesn’t drop. Since dental tourism is really popular in the region, dental care in Costa Rica is highly advanced. The local clinics also import most of their equipment and technology from the US and Canada. Trained dentists will also provide you with efficient, specialist care, ensuring that you have no problems in the future.
If you are having trouble finding a good dental clinic, then you don’t need to worry. The Costa Rica Dental Tourism Guide can help you find verified dental clinics in Costa Rica. They also have many additional services that will help you plan your dental vacation without any issues.
Let us guide you on the steps you need to take to your new smile.
Contact us today for a FREE Estimate.