Recovering from Dental Implant Procedures in Costa RicaJuly 15, 2019
Consequences of Missing Teeth | Getting Dental Implant Treatment in Costa RicaJuly 20, 2019
Nutrition for Healthy Teeth
Costa Rica dentists know that nutrition is one of the most important things to keep your teeth healthy. Here are some foods you should be eating.
Everyone knows that eating healthy is important if you want optimum dental health, but you may be confused as to what you should buy when you are standing in the grocery aisle. Costa Rica dentists have made it easier for you by listing some foods that you should incorporate into your diet. The best part is that you don’t have to do anything special; basically, you should avoid processed foods and have whole foods like lean protein and vegetables.
Foods to Eat According to Costa Rica Dentists
Here are some
foods you should buy:
- Probiotics can help decrease plaque and gum diseases since bacteria in fermented foods are known to suppress harmful pathogens in the oral cavity.
- Anthocyanins – rich foods like cranberries, blueberries, eggplant peels, black rice, red cabbage, and raspberries can prevent harmful pathogens.
- Green tea has polyphenols and fluoride, which can help reduce bacteria and strengthen teeth. It is also better than coffee and milk tea.
- Pycnogenol chewing gum can increase saliva production, which prevents plaque and bleeding gums. Costa Rica dentists recommend buying gum made from pine sap or bark.
- Soy can help reduce periodontal diseases.
- Arginine is an important amino acid that balances the oral pH and reduces cavity risk.
- CoQ10 is similar to vitamins and plays a role in reducing the risk of periodontal diseases. It is present in vegetables, legumes, fruit, and fatty fish.
- Fluoride is the best mineral for teeth since it helps the body absorb and use calcium. It promotes the re-growth of enamel and strengthens the tooth against harmful diseases. Costa Rica dentists recommend buying toothpaste and mouthwashes with fluoride in them.
Tips to Remember According to Costa Rica Dentists
dentists recommend that you incorporate the following habits in your
- Brush your
teeth with fluoride toothpaste regularly and sometimes with baking
smoking since it can wreak havoc on oral health.
- Eat whole
- Get plenty
- Eat raw,
crunchy fruits and vegetables.
added sugars in snacks and drinks like soda, energy drinks,
regular exercise since it promotes good metabolism and blood
The Most Important Thing
To maintain healthy teeth, you should definitely seek help from Costa Rica dentists. Regular checkups and cleanings can increase the lifespan of your teeth by a huge margin. You should never ignore your dental health since it can impact your physical health as well. If you have any dental issues and are hesitant to go to the dentist due to high prices in the US and Canada, you can visit The Costa Rica Dental Tourism Guide. They have specialist care available at state of the art facilities for really affordable dental prices.
Contact us today for a FREE Estimate.