Post-Dental Implant Procedures in Costa Rica
Now that you have received dental implant procedures in Costa Rica, there are some things you should be careful about so that you can recover in the best way possible.
A dental implant is the best solution for missing teeth since they are strong and long-lasting. Dental implant procedures in Costa Rica are extremely safe, but you still have to take some measures after the surgery to ensure that you recover easily.
Recovering from Dental Implant Procedures in Costa Rica
The staffs working in dental clinics are trained in dental implant procedures, so you have no need to worry. However, there are some side effects that you may experience after the surgery. The most common side effect is pain, but the dentist can prescribe over-the-counter medications to treat that. Do make sure that you don’t take aspirin since that can increase the risk of bleeding.
Another side effect is swelling. This usually goes away with time, and you can use ice to reduce it. You may also experience slight bruising, but even that fades with time. Serious complications are extremely rare with dental implant surgeries, but an infection can develop. You will need to take some antibiotics to clear said infection. It is also important to select specialists for dental implant procedures in Costa Rica.
Diet after Dental Implant Procedures in Costa Rica
Proper diet for a few days after the surgery is important to make sure that no harm comes to the implant. It is important to avoid spicy or hot foods after the surgery since they can irritate the incision site. You also need to avoid smoking and alcohol since it can increase pain and swelling, as well as delay the healing process. Chewy and sticky foods like chips, popcorn, and crackers should also be avoided since they can get stuck in the incision site and cause an infection.
You can eat the following foods after the dental implant procedures in Costa Rica:
- Applesauce has great texture and nutrients. Since it isn’t chewy or crunchy, it doesn’t require you to put in a lot of chewing effort. This protects your jaw.
- Broth-based soups are a good source of protein, but should be warm, not hot.
- Mashed potatoes with cheese, gravy or butter are great since they have high fiber and are soft.
- Yogurt is another healthy alternative.
- Instant oatmeal is a great option but should be eaten after a few days since it can irritate the gums early on.
Tips for Dental Implant Procedures in Costa Rica
Here are some things you should take into consideration:
- Don’t touch the surgical area even while brushing teeth
- Use warm salt water to keep the mouth clean
- Use a cold pack to reduce swelling
- Avoid exercises for a few days until you are healed. Start with low-impact exercises afterward to improve blood circulation and thus healing.
The Costa Rica Dental Tourism Guide can help you get in touch with a great specialist dentist at affordable rates.
Contact us now for a FREE Estimate!